This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  FJ Bruiser 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
     FJ Bruiser 

Register Here

Once again the FJ Bruisers are planting trees in the Green Ridge State Forest.

This is pretty much an annual event now as we’ve done this since 2008.

You might ask… What does an off-road group have to do with a bunch of tree huggers?

Fair question.

It started back in 2008 when member Gone Walkabout coordinated the Carbon Neutral Run as a way to offset our carbon footprint as a group…a hot topic of the day. What it turned into was the Bruisers Grove Run and even more importantly it established a very strong relationship between the FJ Bruisers and the Management of the Green Ridge State Forest. In return for helping them out we were allowed to run on roads and trails that are generally closed to the public and letting us see parts of this forest that most folks don’t ever get to see. We have continued to nurture that relationship and over the years we’ve seen some beautiful parts of the forest not to mention planting thousands of saplings and a wide variety of other plants.

Depending on what time we accomplish our work we may have a trail run in the afternoon. This generally happens.

We’ll post all of the details shortly.

If you have questions about this event post away below.

Any and all are welcome to join us. This is a family friendly event and the the more the merrier.

In the past we’ve planted trees in fertile bottom land, beautiful hillside meadows, and even rocky areas where the digging was pretty slow and difficult. Hopefully dynamite will not be needed this year although that might be fun.

If you have attended one of these events before, please post your experiences below and a couple photos.
    Or just add photos if you have them.

This is a worldwide event- more info is available at Earthday.org.

An interesting history is available at the Old Farmers Almanac. 

http://www.almanac.com/content/when-earth-day-2017

This is a free event open to FJ Bruisers Members and non-members alike.

Update 4-4-17 Please Pre-register for this event so we can get a head count for resource planning.

Register Here

Camping will be Free on Friday and Saturday evenings to event patricipants.

Here is our event page where you can get a map, put it in your calendar, and more.

What, where, and when are there as well. i.e. Location, times to meet, etc..

Earth Day Tree Planting

Papa Dragon 
    Participant

I’m in, hopefully bring my daughter.

Mountainclimber 

I’m in, hopefully bring my daughter.

Excellent. Kids love to plant trees.

We have become excellent teachers of tree planting. And hole digging. 😉

Papa Dragon 
    Participant

Is this open to nonmembers?

FJ Bruiser 

Is this open to nonmembers?

Absolutely. This is open to the public. Be sure to invite friends and family who would enjoy spending the day outside with us.
    Its hard work and always worth it. The more folks we have the better it is.

We will be putting up a Registration Page for this event so we can get a good gauge of the number of folks attending so the managing forester can plan for seedlings, plant material, etc. based on available labor. i.e 100 folks can plant a lot more trees than 20.

FJ Bruiser 

Update 4-4-17- Please pre-register for this event for resource planning.

Register Here

FJ Bruiser 

As of today we have about 6 rigs and 12 or 14 folks coming to plant trees.

We can still use more. Free Camping Friday and Saturday. Open to non FJ Bruisers members as well.

Use the link above to sign up.

gearwrench 
    Participant

I can’t make it. Have a home project that needs done.

Mountainclimber 

I can’t make it. Have a home project that needs done.

Wayne- we’ll catch you the next time around.

FJ Bruiser 

A pretty good turnout. Usual suspects. Rain was present so as not to break the trend.

Lots of photos around on FB.

This area where we planted is just across the valley from the cemetery we  built the fence at quite a few years ago.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact the FJ Bruisers

Questions or comments- please fill in the form below and we'll get back to you within one business day.

Sending

© 2007 - 2018, FJ Bruisers 

Forgot your details?