• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Tarverking
      Participant

So I love doing preventative maintenance of the FJ. The tank is inching up on about 140k and still running strong! But I hope she will be able to pass 300k without anything major (fingers crossed)Anyways, been reading a lot about the pulleys and bought a whole new set. They sat in the garage for a few weeks, and I finally did the job today in the nice weather.The results were very positive!She runs a lot quieter now, so I guess I didn't notice how much noise was coming from the belt and pulleys.I highly suggest going at it from under the engine after removing the skid plate.a68a93ee51cbd14f226905c894cc5871.jpgBefore5980f262b03d1301704a9197c95c1c1e.jpgAfter.It's hard to see in the pic sorry. Here's a great link from the blue room  with all the info you'd need to tackle the job including the link to rock auto who had a great deal on getting all the pulleys and the belt together at a great price.http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/maintenance-tech/127154-idler-pulley-bearing-failure-what-do.html#/forumsite/20496/topics/127154?page=1Happy wrenching!!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Idler pully and belt revive’ is closed to new replies.

© 2007 - 2022, FJ Bruisers 

Contact the FJ Bruisers

Questions or comments- please fill in the form below and we'll get back to you within one business day.

Sending

Forgot your details?