Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      RickRock
      Participant

This idiot got stuck 30 feet from my driveway….I didn’t mind pulling him out, but I hated driving 10 miles to pressure wash the mud off!

TOYOTA ….. Accept no substitute.

Mountainclimber

Dammit.

Was he really barefoot or is that just my poor eyesight?

RickRock
      Participant

Yeah, he was barefoot.  Guess he didn’t want to mess up his bright white Nike’s.

It was a simple winch out forward, but he had spent an hour trying to back out.  It was a lesson in departure angles.  Jeep put their frame tow hooks under the bumper, which, of course, make them worthless in this situation.  Had they been ON the bumper, I’d have had him out with a quick snatch.  It had also been raining for 3 days, but he insisted on trying the soft top soil of the forest floor when the trails would have harder soil with most of the gooey soils washed away.  The guy was definitely not the sharpest blade in the shed – if the bare feet didn’t give it away.

Mountainclimber

Geez.

Doug Dobrynski

What was he trying to do?

RickRock
      Participant

I think he was trying to show his buddy how it would cross a ditch and he could zip around in the woods.  There is a very tricky off camber trail that starts about 50 ft further up the road – he either didn’t see it  or thought he was super Jeeper.  I used it to get in front of him to set up the winch.  The dry leaves were a Godsend – as long as you didn’t cross your own track.  They were enough to give a little traction on top of the slick topsoil – unless you spun wheels all the damn time using too much throttle!  As most all of us have learned in four wheeling, very often LESS is MORE!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2007 - 2021, FJ Bruisers 

Contact the FJ Bruisers

Questions or comments- please fill in the form below and we'll get back to you within one business day.

Sending

Forgot your details?