This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Gone Walkabout 11 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
     Gone Walkabout 
    Participant

Bruisers, I just got off the phone with James From the Back Country Driving School. He has the following dates available. June 23 - 24June 30 - July 1July 7 - 8 NOW CLOSEDJuly 21 - 22I will post a poll for those going to put in their dates. We need to book fast because dates are filling up. The cost will be discounted to $275.00 per person per day. This will be for 2 days of-road training headed personally by James and two of his best trainers. He gave a $50.00 discount because we are using our own vehicles. This consists of two 8 hour days. With an FJ Cruiser on display and with the help of a syllabus will discuss...Land Cruiser lineageType of suspension (reasons for)Limitationsadvantageshow to use special features of the FJ Cruiser (lockers, A-Track)We will then move on to the first recovery lecture. explanation of equipmenthow to useWe will move onto the first obstacle course. It is a  a moderate course where will we discuss and testApproach and departure anglepeakclearanceground anglespottingDay two will consist of a harder trail with more extensive off-road training, and an example recovery. Each Bruiser will have the opportunity to bring and use their own vehicles. Overnight camping will not be included however, camping is recomended at Cove Campground in Gore, VA (about $20.00). There is a Holiday Inn Express in Winchester, VA. We will start at the campground at 8:00 AM.James will offer a discount of recovery gear and items from http://www.4x4connection.com he wants to keep the 2 business independent, but If someone wants to order something Saturday PM he can bring it with him on Sunday AM.Now we move to the limitations...Wives can come, however are not encouraged. Children over the age of 10 can come if intensively supervised (no infants or young children)Dogs are allowed if highly trained, no leash dogs.All vehicles must bring copies of insurance and registration.  Dents and pin-striping are likely to happen. No recourse is available. There will be more to follow.-Ben

vripley 
    Participant

June 23 – 24 = Rush (I can't go)June 30 - July 1 = Okay so far...July 7 - 8 = Best date for meJuly 21 - 22 = I can't go(:Where is that poll? And, is it gonna allow multiple date choices? (;-Rip

Gone Walkabout 
    Participant

July 7 – 8 now closed. It was a maybee to start with. -Ben

Gone Walkabout 
    Participant

July 7 - 8 now closed. It was a maybee to start with. -Ben

There is a large SeAL team comming in the following weekend and they need to prepare. -Ben

Anonymous

I can do any of the dates but would prefer either June 23 – 24 or July 21 – 22 over June 30 – July 1.I have a few questions:1.  What recovery gear is necessary/recommended?2.  Does each Bruiser pay the school or is the club responsible to the school and we pay the club? 3.  What forms of payment are accepted cash, check, CC?Nice job Ben!  I like the camping aspect.

FJ Opus 

Let me check with [The Ex]; June is looking to be a busy month for us weekend wise

Gone Walkabout 
    Participant

I can do any of the dates but would prefer either June 23 - 24 or July 21 - 22 over June 30 - July 1.I have a few questions:1.  What recovery gear is necessary/recommended?2.  Does each Bruiser pay the school or is the club responsible to the school and we pay the club? 3.  What forms of payment are accepted cash, check, CC?Nice job Ben!  I like the camping aspect.

Mario Mudready...1. Recovery gear is provided, but bring what you want. If you are missing anything we were able to work out a deal from http://www.4x4connection.com , so anything needed can be purchased on Sat. PM and delivered Sun. PM.2. & 3. Each Bruiser is expected to pass over a un-sealed windowless plain white #9 envelope containing $550.00 in small unmarked un-consecutive bills. Any deviation from the arrangements and you never see your gerbal again.     JK  🙂        I will look into this, but I believe Cash, CC, money orders, or cashiers checks will be acceptable and payable to Back Country Driving School. Keep the questions coming...I challenge you. -Ben

vripley 
    Participant

What if our directional mud tires are mounted backwards (accidentally of course)…??Can we drive the course backward in that event?(:

I can do any of the dates but would prefer either June 23 - 24 or July 21 - 22 over June 30 - July 1.I have a few questions:1.  What recovery gear is necessary/recommended?2.  Does each Bruiser pay the school or is the club responsible to the school and we pay the club? 3.  What forms of payment are accepted cash, check, CC?Nice job Ben!  I like the camping aspect.

Mario Mudready...1. Recovery gear is provided, but bring what you want. If you are missing anything we were able to work out a deal from http://www.4x4connection.com , so anything needed can be purchased on Sat. PM and delivered Sun. PM.2. & 3. Each Bruiser is expected to pass over a un-sealed windowless plain white #9 envelope containing $550.00 in small unmarked un-consecutive bills. Any deviation from the arrangements and you never see your gerbal again.     JK  🙂        I will look into this, but I believe Cash, CC, money orders, or cashiers checks will be acceptable and payable to Back Country Driving School. Keep the questions coming...I challenge you. -Ben

Gone Walkabout 
    Participant

What if our directional mud tires are mounted backwards (accidentally of course)...??Can we drive the course backward in that event?(:

Are your tires on backwards??

vripley 
    Participant

Nooooooo.

What if our directional mud tires are mounted backwards (accidentally of course)...??Can we drive the course backward in that event?(:

Are your tires on backwards??

Doug Dobrynski 

June 23 – 24 (possible)June 30 - July 1 (possible)July 7 - 8 NOW CLOSEDJuly 21 - 22 (possible)So pretty much I am open for any of those weekends.

Anonymous

June 23 – 24 (East Coast 4-Runner event at RC, already going to that)June 30 - July 1 (Can't be done, July 4th weekend, out of town)July 21 - 22 (should be fine for me)

Anonymous

June 23 – 24 (can't make it)June 30 - July 1 (can't make it)July 7 - 8 NOW CLOSEDJuly 21 - 22 (possible)I hope I don't mess up my truck.

Gone Walkabout 
    Participant

I'm sorry to do this but the Back Country Driving School event is postponed until we can meet to get a further off date in September. Of the 14 yeses, and 2 maybes only 5 were able to commit and mostly on different weekends. We will meet at the next board meeting and discuss. We need 12 members to make this happen at the discounted price. -Ben

Anonymous

:'( :'( :'( :'(

bares 

Let us know of the upcoming dates, please! I would be interested!!!

I'm sorry to do this but the Back Country Driving School event is postponed until we can meet to get a further off date in September. Of the 14 yeses, and 2 maybes only 5 were able to commit and mostly on different weekends. We will meet at the next board meeting and discuss. We need 12 members to make this happen at the discounted price. -Ben

Gone Walkabout 
    Participant

Bruisers, Read post quote below for details on the Back Country Driving School. Sit tight more info is coming for Spring 2008.

Bruisers, I just got off the phone with James From the Back Country Driving School. He has the following dates available. June 23 - 24June 30 - July 1July 7 - 8 NOW CLOSEDJuly 21 - 22I will post a poll for those going to put in their dates. We need to book fast because dates are filling up. The cost will be discounted to $275.00 per person per day. This will be for 2 days of-road training headed personally by James and two of his best trainers. He gave a $50.00 discount because we are using our own vehicles. This consists of two 8 hour days. With an FJ Cruiser on display and with the help of a syllabus will discuss...Land Cruiser lineageType of suspension (reasons for)Limitationsadvantageshow to use special features of the FJ Cruiser (lockers, A-Track)We will then move on to the first recovery lecture. explanation of equipmenthow to useWe will move onto the first obstacle course. It is a  a moderate course where will we discuss and testApproach and departure anglepeakclearanceground anglespottingDay two will consist of a harder trail with more extensive off-road training, and an example recovery. Each Bruiser will have the opportunity to bring and use their own vehicles. Overnight camping will not be included however, camping is recomended at Cove Campground in Gore, VA (about $20.00). There is a Holiday Inn Express in Winchester, VA. We will start at the campground at 8:00 AM.James will offer a discount of recovery gear and items from http://www.4x4connection.com he wants to keep the 2 business independent, but If someone wants to order something Saturday PM he can bring it with him on Sunday AM.Now we move to the limitations...Wives can come, however are not encouraged. Children over the age of 10 can come if intensively supervised (no infants or young children)Dogs are allowed if highly trained, no leash dogs.All vehicles must bring copies of insurance and registration.  Dents and pin-striping are likely to happen. No recourse is available. There will be more to follow.-Ben

The topic ‘Back Country Driving School (Final Cost & Dates)’ is closed to new replies.

Contact the FJ Bruisers

Questions or comments- please fill in the form below and we'll get back to you within one business day.

Sending

© 2007 - 2018, FJ Bruisers 

Forgot your details?